Chowdary Forum
they are stuck on that really prod

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chowdary Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
gsnoopy520

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-12-2019 04:49:55    Onderwerp: they are stuck on that really prod Reageren met citaat
As I was fishing several months ago under a partly cloudy sky with patchy fog starting to set in Joe Flacco Hoodie , the reality hit that fall weather was upon us. The temperature when I arrived at one of my favorite fishing holes was a beautiful and sunny 70 degrees and now I was starting to get a bit chilled. The weather had taken on a new identity in the past hour or so. The fishing had started to slow down as well. The hits were plentiful and constant when the sun was beaming down upon the dam and the bass were stacked around the rocks adjacent to the weed beds just begging to be caught. I had already landed around 15 nice keepers when the sun disappeared behind a cloud and failed to show its face again. I began to rummage through my tackle bag trying desperately to find the perfect bass wrangling lure that would take my catch rate back to an acceptable level. I threw a spinnerbait for a while and then switched to a Rat-L-Trap. I then threw a few in-line spinners followed by some crawfish imitation plastics and followed up with the Junebug colored stick worm I had caught all of the previous fish on. Still, I could not find a bite.

As I sat on the bank of the pond I started to think very hard about my present situation. I looked around and noticed that the trees were just beginning to shed their dark green colors and change to shades of red, orange and yellow. I reached into my bag and pulled out my box of jigs and selected a 14oz model with a brown and orange skirt. I then put a chartreuse plastic craw as a trailer John Elway Hoodie , which made the jig match my surroundings perfectly and flipped the jig towards the rock ledge. The jig was allowed to sit for about 60 seconds and then the slow retrieval process began. A very slow upward motion of the rod tip with a few slight jerks thrown in intermediately was exactly what the bass wanted. After a few retrieves were made and I was waiting for the jig to travel back downward so I could begin the process again, that's when she hit! Once I landed the fish she was weighted and released. It was the largest bass of the day weighting in at 5lbs 4oz.

Fishing with a jig or the jig-and-pig is an extremely effective method for catching those stubborn fall bass. I rely on this method during the spring as well as certain times throughout the year, but sometimes forget how effective the bait really is until I throw it a few times usually out of desperation. Lets first talk about the equipment needed for effective jig fishing. A baitcast reel with a flipping switch built in the reel is my number one choice. Pair this reel with a medium-heavy 7 ? foot pitching or flipping stick and as far as the equipment goes Justin Simmons Shirt , your ready to go. I prefer to use a heavier line such as 50lb Power Pro with about 48? of Berkley Vanish or Transition fluorocarbon line tied on to the braid as a leader. This will assure that you have the strength needed to horse those big bass out of heavy cover when necessary. I realize that some of you might not be baitcast users so rest assured that a spinning reel works also as long as you have a long spinning rod about 7 to 712 feet. You want to be able to flip the jig into place without causing a big wake and disrupting what you hope lies below. Accuracy is a big key when flippin? jigs.

I know many anglers who are of the opinion that jig fishing is rather complicated and they don't really understand how to do it. Lets take a little time and discuss the important facts surrounding jig fishing. First and foremost, I want to stress to you that confidence is the most important key regardless of what you are throwing. I have been in the situation when I am fishing with a partner and he ties something rather odd on his line and I think, ?What is this guy doing?? I watch as he fishes the lure with total confidence and concentration and before you know Jake Butt Shirt , the fish are coming in the boat. I might not have tried that particular lure, but through commitment and confidence it's surprising what can happen, if you will maintain an open mind. Whether you fish the jig as is Garett Bolles Shirt , or with some type of plastic chunk, craw or worm as a trailer, the choice is yours. I fish the jig both with and without and they will produce both ways. I usually put on a large flat plastic chunk if I want to slow the fall of the lure a bit.

Color is very important Courtland Sutton Shirt , and to some people overly technical, but I tend to simplify if a bit. How many of you have a favorite lure, that you have all 26 colors available in your tackle box? Do you use each and every color? Most anglers have all of the colors and out of all of those colors Matt Paradis Shirt , they might have 4 or 5 colors they are stuck on that really produce. I simply take the 4 or 5 colors that work on the other lures and add a few other colors and end up with 7 or 8 jig colors. Don't forget to look around you and 'match the hatch? so to speak. I fish black & blue, black & chartreuse, blue & chartreuse Derek Wolfe Shirt , brown (or copper) & orange and watermelon wblack flake jigs most of the time. Some models have rattles and some do not. I love to fish lipless cranks because of the noisy rattle; therefore I choose models with rattles. Once again, it all revolves around what you have the most confidence in. Jigs come in a vast array of sizes as well. I prefer 14oz and 12oz the most, unless I have to punch down through heavy structure like heavy brush or submerged hydrilla. When everything is still and the wind is not blowing Chris Harris Jr Shirt , I always go with the lighter jig.

As far as the presentation goes, it's pretty simple. Find the spot you want to lay the jig and flip it to the target. This is a technique that takes practice and during the off season I tend to practice in the basement with 5lb coffee cans placed strategically around the floor. Keep in mind that jigs are target-specific lures. Once the lure is flipped out, I usually let it sit for about 30 to 60 seconds. If you choose to just leave the jigs sitting there for a while and then reel it in and repeat the proce
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chowdary Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: