Chowdary Forum
double in a rare fames for the Jets last season

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chowdary Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-07-2019 03:21:03    Onderwerp: double in a rare fames for the Jets last season Reageren met citaat
In Edmonton, HOPE is a four letter word. Yet, one more time, Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish faced the media to explain the direction of his team, or in the eyes of many, lack of direction. MacTavish stood in there. Like a pi?ata at a 10-year-olds birthday party, he took the blows , but he didnt back down, swinging back when lumped in with those accused of bad decision-making in the past. I’ve been on the job for 18 months, so you want to lop me in, but I had nothing to do with management, so don’t lop me into a situation of power and influence in the management level of this organization, I’ve been on the job for 20 months,” MacTavish fired back. MacTavish, Kevin Lowe and Bob Nicholson gathered yesterday along with a group of Edmonton’s management types to dissect the carcass of an Oilers team whose playoff dreams are virtually dead a mere 26 games into the regular season. This meeting, one of many of late, lasted a few hours and covered every scenario this brain trust could muster to improve the team, both now and in the future. Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins wasnt invited because his job was on the line and while the specifics arent clear, there is a strong sense MacTavish continued to defend his coach and convinced those above that coaching is not the issue. MacTavish leaves the bullet in the chamber, for now, but hes also left us to wonder how he intends on filling the massive holes in his roster after implying in his media availability his core three forwards - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle - are not for sale. Loyalty is one of MacTavishs strongest attributes; it may also be a fatal flaw. The Oilers dont have a recognized top defence pair. They lack a legitimate No. 1 goaltender and No. 2 centre. Collectively, these shortfalls are the primary reasons for this teams ongoing struggles. Acquiring the players to fill these holes in season is a tough task; excluding Hall or Eberle as trade bait makes it next to impossible. If the untouchable label has been placed on the fortunate few, thats going to change in the off-season when teams have more flexibility to make bigger and more meaningful deals. Its unlikely RNH will become a target given his play and value as a top-line centre. But Hall, Eberle, Nail Yakupov, Justin Schultz, and David Perron will be high on any list of players in play at the Draft when they shift from being Oilers to assets. In the meantime, more executive meetings in Edmonton with Pro and Amateur scouting changes are expected as this team sharpens its focus on a top-heavy Draft they would rather not to have to depend on. In other news... Hockey Newfoundland (HockeyNL) may have to wait at least another year before an age change proposal for minor hockey across Canada is put to vote. Hockey Canadas annual meeting will wrap up Saturday in Ottawa and its believed the much anticipated vote to adjust the ages for levels between atom and midget will be tabled for at least another year for further study. HockeyNL proposed an age change that would see all levels from Atom to Midget shift by one year. For example, a player in his second year of Bantam this season would play a third year of Bantam next season to realign the age brackets to where they were prior to change in 2001. HockeyNL reportedly says it is seeing a significant number of 15-year-olds dropping out in the current system which is jeopardizing its Midget programs. (HockeyNL proposal) Atom: current age 9-10 would change to 10-11. Pee Wee: current age 11-12 would change to 12-13. Bantam: current age 13-14 would change to 14-15. Midget: current age 15-17 would change to 16-17. While this proposal has been on the table for months, few outside of federation offices and governing minor hockey associations knew the details of exactly what was to be voted on in Ottawa on Saturday. Hopefully, by opting for further study, local associations as well as parents can get up to speed on the particulars of the plan and potential impact on their teams. TSN will be in sunny Boca Raton, Florida next week for the NHLs Board of Governors meetings. Tune in for Insider Trading on Tuesday on Sportscentre and TSN.ca. Air Max Günstig Kaufen . The same for both the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. Nike Schuhe Größentabelle . The team let Keaton Ellerby, James Wright and Matt Halischuk become unrestricted free agents after declining to make them qualifying offers. Ellerby, 25, appeared in 51 games for the Jets last season and had two goals and four assists. http://www.schuheairmaxschweiz.com/air-max-97-outlet-schweiz.html . Hernandez (3-0) struck out 11 and shut down Oakland for the second time in a week, becoming the first Mariners pitcher to win three times in the first nine games of a season. With the usual "Kings Court" for Hernandez home starts expanded to a "Supreme Court" encompassing the entire stadium with yellow shirts and "K" cards, Hernandez gave up four hits in the 28th double-digit strikeout game of his career. Air Max 95 Schwarz Schweiz .C., won gold in the womens 200-metre backstroke, and Dominique Bouchard of North Bay, Ont. Air Max 90 Outlet . -- Oakland Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore has undergone surgery on his left knee to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament. SNOQUALMIE, Wash. -- John Riegger shot an 8-under 64 on Saturday to open a three-stroke lead after the second round of the Champions Tours Boeing Classic The 50-year-old Riegger, making his fifth career start on the 50-and-over tour, had an eagle for the second straight day and added seven birdies and a bogey to finish at 11 under at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. Tom Lehman, Bernhard Langer, Kirk Triplett and Bobby Clampett were tied for second. Lehman had a 67, Langer and Triplett shot 68, and Clampett had a 69. Riegger pitched in for the eagle on the 590-yard, par-5 15th hole. "It wasnt anything fancy" Riegger said. "It was just a straight-forward pitch. It landed just on the green and rolled in just like putt." He said he no idea at the time that shot pushed him into the lead "I dont look at it (scoreboard)," Riegger said. "If I just go out there and play the way Im capable of playing, things will take care of themselves. Its not going to do any good to worry about what someone else is doing." Riegger won twice on the Web.com Tour, the last in 2010. "That tour helped me prepare for out here than the regularr tour just because you have to go low and keeping going low because theres so many good players," Riegger said.dddddddddddd. "As for my fifth event, these guys have been beating up on me for 30 years. We still have one more day to go and theres a lot of great players out here. Theres some guys out here capable of shooting 63 or 64 on this golf course." Langer, the 2010 winner, chipped in for eagle in the 529-yard, par-5 eighth. "Those were three beautiful shots for the eagle," Langer said. "Then I hit it into the water next hole (for bogey). ... Its not over. Three shots sounds like a great deal. On this golf course, it can be gone in a hole or two. There is a lot of golf to be played yet. I think whoever is within five shots has a chance. Ive won tournaments when I was seven shots back." Lehman birdied his final three holes. Hometown favourite Fred Couples was 5 under after a 70. First-round leader Bart Bryant, the Dicks Sporting Goods Open winner last week in Endicott, N.Y., followed his opening 66 with a 75 to drop into a tie for 20th at 3 under. Scott Hoch withdrew because of an ankle injury. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chowdary Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: